File system in external SPI Flash

I have an 8MB SPI serial FLASH chip on a board with the CC3200 module. Does Mongoose OS have driver/configuration allowing a file system (or second fs) on this external chip (w25q64fvssig)?
I noticed some GitHub activity for other processors, but not for the CC3200 module.

Comments

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

support for the extra mount points is on the roadmap, but not yet implemented.

• What time frame are you looking at in regards to having it implemented? without the use of external memory, there isn't a lot of internal memory available for use

edited April 21

in the coming weeks. that comes with the SPI API.
    we want to have it configuration-driven, with no programming involved.

basically, you specify tahe list of mount points in the config (mount path + flash address + size), and that's it.

Do you have a specific requirement? what project you're working on?

• crc77crc77 USA
    edited April 24

My requirement is to store sound files (*.wav) locally to be played. Right now we only enough memory space for one file. Need to be able to access external memory so we can have more sound files stored. Will I be able to do that with the new SPI API?

• Perfect! When you say in the coming weeks, do you have an exact time frame that it will be made available? I'm anxious to get it of course ... it will be such a great feature to have. Thanks ...

No, I do not have an exact frame.

If one wants to speed it up, there is an option to go commercial, in this case we can give guarantees. Otherwise, it is best effort and even the announced time may change in case something else preempts us.

• We do have a commercial license. Please let me know how to proceed to get an exact release date. Our project is very dependent on this functionality and the lack of memory available to be used is currently holding up development. So we are very anxious to see this released. Thank you ....