Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Adding support for new boards

Has anyone got an overview of how many things that needs to be changed to use Mongoose OS on a board that isn't supported?

I'm in the process of designing my own PCB, so I'm trying to get an idea of how much work it would require of me to run Mongoose on it.

Comments

• mamuespmamuesp Germany/Northern coast

Well, if the SoC is a supported one, you only have to adapt some setzings, normally some GPIO pins, I2C and SPI setzings, perhaps adding PSRAM support and maybe a bigger flash RAM size. So it+s not a question of support but configuration. For example I'm using a lot of ESP32 bords in several „flavours“ for testing and evaluation purposes - and the main changes are made in `mos.yml'. Of course you need to adapt the version of the board used, but this might be done by the developer of the appliance him or herself. Ok, sonetimes one may stumble over problems - e.g. as I have no problems to use the SSD1603 on other boards, but I do not succeed with the ESP32 based Heitek board with OLED and a LoRa transmitter - no clue why the display stays dark. But these are very specific problems and won't occur very often.