Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Custom library local build error

I'm trying to create a custom library. I have Docker installed, followed the instructions and did a local build with the command below.

mos build --local --repo C:\Users\Joseph\Documents\Mongoose\apps\aim\deps\mongoose-os --arch esp32 --verbose

I've been reading for docs but have found nothing. Below is the encountered error regarding a image:

Unable to find image 'docker.cesanta.com/esp32-build:3.0-rc1-r9' locally
3.0-rc1-r9: Pulling from esp32-build
docker: image operating system "linux" cannot be used on this platform.
See 'docker run --help'.
Error: exit status 125

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• tripflextripflex Orlando, FL
  • josephricafortjosephricafort Philippines
    edited June 6

@tripflex Thank you! That solved my problem but actually in a different way. I'm using Windows and I installed Docker Toolbox which helped me solved it when it automatically pulled the image it was looking for using the Docker Quickstart Terminal during the local build process. Thanks!

Only that I encountered another problem.

make: *** No rule to make target '/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen/mos_final.yml', needed by '/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen/sdkconfig'.  Stop.
        make: Leaving directory '/app'
        Error: exit status 2

The program I used above is an empty mongoose file which I tried to build locally but unsuccessfully.

Thanks for your help,
    Joseph

• nliviunliviu Romania
    edited June 6

Could you please post the part of build/build.log between

Building...
    mount from "..." to "/app"

and

make: Entering directory '/app'

Do you run mos build from cmd or powershell?

Quite a bit long but will post by parts:

Building...
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty" to "/app"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os" to "/mongoose-os"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os"
    mount from "/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build" to "/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/src" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/src"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/include" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/include"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include/mg_rpc" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include/mg_rpc"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/include" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/include"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/include" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/include"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/include" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/include"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/fs" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/fs"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/fs" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/fs"
    mount from "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/lib/esp32" to "/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/lib/esp32"
    mount from "/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen" to "/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen"
    Docker arguments: run --name mos_build_2018-06-06T18-02-24-00_1899821230 --rm -i -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include/mg_rpc:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include/mg_rpc -v 

/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/include:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/include -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os -v /c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build:/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/include:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/include -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose-os:/mongoose-os -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/include:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/include -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty:/app -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/fs:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/fs -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/lib/esp32:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/lib/esp32 -v /c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen:/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/src:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/src -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/include:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/include -v /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/fs:/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/fs docker.cesanta.com/esp32-build:3.0-rc1-r9 /bin/bash -c nice make '-j' '4' '-C' '/app' '-f' '/mongoose-os/fw/platforms/esp32/Makefile.build' 'all' 'APP=empty' 'APP_BIN_LIBS=/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/lib/esp32/libmongoose.a' 'APP_CFLAGS=-DMGOS_ENABLE_RPC_CHANNEL_HTTP=1 -DMGOS_ENABLE_RPC_CHANNEL_WS=1 -DMGOS_ENABLE_SYS_SERVICE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_CA_BUNDLE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_MONGOOSE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_COMMON=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_CONFIG=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_FS=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_UART=1 -DMG_ENABLE_DNS=1 -DMG_ENABLE_DNS_SERVER=1 -DMG_ENABLE_MQTT=1 -DMG_ENABLE_SNTP=1' 'APP_CONF_SCHEMA=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen/mos_conf_schema.yml' 'APP_CXXFLAGS=-DMGOS_ENABLE_RPC_CHANNEL_HTTP=1 -DMGOS_ENABLE_RPC_CHANNEL_WS=1 -DMGOS_ENABLE_SYS_SERVICE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_CA_BUNDLE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_MONGOOSE=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_COMMON=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_CONFIG=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_FS=1 -DMGOS_HAVE_RPC_UART=1 -DMG_ENABLE_DNS=1 -DMG_ENABLE_DNS_SERVER=1 -DMG_ENABLE_MQTT=1 -DMG_ENABLE_SNTP=1' 'APP_FS_FILES=/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/fs/ca.pem /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/fs/index.html' 'APP_INCLUDES=/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/mongoose/include /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include/mg_rpc /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/include /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/include /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/include /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/include' 'APP_SOURCES=/c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/src/main.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen/mgos_deps_init.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/ca-bundle/src/mgos_ca_bundle.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc/mg_rpc.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc/mg_rpc_channel.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc/mg_rpc_channel_http.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mg_rpc/mg_rpc_channel_ws.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-common/src/mgos_rpc.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-config/src/mgos_service_config.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-service-fs/src/mgos_service_filesystem.c /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/apps/empty/deps/rpc-uart/src/mgos_rpc_channel_uart.c' 'APP_VERSION=1.0' 'BUILD_DIR=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/objs' 'ESP_IDF_EXTRA_COMPONENTS=' 'ESP_IDF_SDKCONFIG_OPTS=' 'FFI_SYMBOLS=' 'FS_STAGING_DIR=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/fs' 'FW_DIR=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/fw' 'GEN_DIR=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen' 'MANIFEST_FINAL=/c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/apps/empty/build/gen/mos_final.yml' 'MGOS_HAVE_CA_BUNDLE=1' 'MGOS_HAVE_MONGOOSE=1' 'MGOS_HAVE_RPC_COMMON=1' 'MGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_CONFIG=1' 'MGOS_HAVE_RPC_SERVICE_FS=1' 'MGOS_HAVE_RPC_UART=1' 'MGOS_PATH=/mongoose-os' 'PLATFORM=esp32'
        make: Entering directory '/app'

I ran mos build using a Docker Terminal CL. I did the same thing using the Windows command line too and the same error appears.

• nliviunliviu Romania

The problem seems to be that some paths use /c/Users/Joseph/Documents/Mongoose/ and others use /c/users/joseph/documents/mongoose/.
    I don't know if it's a Windows, docker, or mos issue.

For me, on Windows 7 with Docker toolbox, the paths keep the capitalization.

Thanked by 1josephricafort

@nliviu Thanks for your help. I was able to successfully build locally by using the Visual Studio Code terminal and I noticed that the paths where consistent where paths with uppercase were kept, no changing to lower case. This is a bit weird though.