Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Enterprise Authenticaction on Wi Fi

Hi, we have this customer wanting to use the ESP32 in places that enforce the Enterprise Authentication features of WiFi; he specifically asked for
1. Radius Authentication
2. PEAP
3. 802.1x EAP
4. CCKM

I'm not in deep into this, I understand (1) is done by the customer infrastructure using either (2) or (3) as a transport for authentication data; and (4) seems to be Cisco specific.
Mongoose-OS seems to support PEAP. I guess it is through de ESP-IDF; is it so ?
Is there specific info and/or some examples on configuring this ? Do I have to fallback to ESP-IDF ?

Regards

Comments

• rojerrojer Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 10

assuming you're asking about station, i.e. connecting to WPA-ent protected APs, - yes, mOS supports that. you can configure certificate, key, CA certificate and identity in the wifi settings.

{
      "wifi": {
        "sta": {
          "enable": true,
          "ssid": "EAP-test",
          "anon_identity": "user1",
          "user": "user2",
          "pass": "password2",
          "cert": "wpa2_client.crt",
          "key": "wpa2_client.key",
          "ca_cert": "wpa2_ca.pem"
        }
      }
    }

i think this covers 802.1x and PEAP. my understanding is that radius is more about the backend, i.e. how AP authenticates stations, so it's not relevant here. and i'm not sure if IDF supports this cisco thing, you'll need to check that yourself.

• scaprilescaprile Argentina

Thanks,
    yes, this is station mode. I actually never imagined doing Enterprise as an Access Point on a product like this... good point.
    I've already browsed the structure and asked Espressif. When I get past their sales people and actually contact someone who understands, I will post the results if there is any news.