Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Device management Web App

Hello,

are there any plans to develop a web application to manage the edge devices, uploading firmwares, receiving data, visualizing them etc.. ?
Any of you has developed something similar willing to share ?
Thanks a lot for any information
Best regards

Antonio

Comments

• alastairarranalastairarran United States

Device Management is an arrangement of advancements, conventions, and measures used to Custom Paper Writing Company permit the remote administration of cell phones, regularly including updates of firmware over the air (FOTA).

• Sorry @alastairarran , I don't catch the meaning of your answer.
    I was asking of someone has developed a web app to manage mongoose-os edge devices or if the development team is going to develop one.

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

Yes, we have such web dashboard almost ready, plan to announce in a few days.

@antlomb what is your expected use case?

• rebeccahickshqrebeccahickshq United States

I appreciate it!. I really like it when people get together and share ideas. Great website, continue the good work!. Either way, great web and I look forward to seeing it grow over time. Thank you so much. |=>super smash flash 2
    |=>bloons tower defense 5

• @Sergey , apologize for my unbelievable late reply.
    My idea would be targeted to hounted houses and is based on the following idea:
    - Edge devices running mongose-os. Each edge device has got a few sensors and actuators. Each device controls a single hounted house prop, with proximity sensors, light sensors, linear actuators, stepper motors etc..
    - Rules running on the edge device (Ex: scream and move when someone gets near the prop)
    - Rules able to trigger actions on other edge devices (Ex: other props moving, a siren turning on etc..)
    - A web app to manage the edge devices, distribute and update firmware, collect usage data, define the rules and publish them to the edge devices.
    - Rules written in javascript code and distributed on the device (no need to update the firmware to change the prop behavious)
    Now, having a device management app to start with (without starting from zero) would be great.
    What do you think about the main idea and architecture ? Is the device management app available on github ?
    Thanks for your feedback
    Antonio