Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Cross platform backend

I need a simple backend to read/write a table of organizations that will work on MacOS, Linux, and Windows and run off a usb. Can anybody suggest a solution because I have looked all over the place for one?

Comments

• I was using php to simply write to JSON files, but that's not feasible because there isn't a php-cgi for OSX that I can find.

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

Mongoose web server is perfect for this. We have implemented exactly this setup many times previously.

Could you elaborate more on your task please? Is it a personal or commercial project? Do you need any help with designing the architecture?

• Thanks, Sergey. It is a commercial product for a non-profit. They are dealing with offline computers of varying operating systems. The usb should localhost a course that a user takes and then store the completion data on the usb to later be sent to an LRS from a different computer. I need to write to the usb, hence I need some back-end architecture that is cross platform compatible (Mac OS, Linux, Windows) to write to these files.

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

Thanks.
    You can start by compiling a simplest web server example on Mac, Linux and Windows.