Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Problem Flashing ESP32 Board (Labeled DOIT.AM)

jdegjdeg United States

Hello, I am trying to flash Mongoose OS to an ESP32 development board (mounted with ESP-WROOM-32 module) but keep getting error messages. I am able to use this board with other development environments such as Arduino IDE, so I believe the board itself is working fine. Also, the board appears to enter flashing mode automatically. I have tried manually putting the board in flashing mode by grounding GPIO0 and it shows that it is waiting to be flashed in the serial console, but still gives the same error.

I am using Windows 10 and running mos.exe from CMD.

mos.exe flash mos-esp32
Fetching https://mongoose-os.com/downloads/mos-esp32.zip...
Loaded default/esp32 version 1.0 (20170714-140414/???)
Using port COM10
Opening COM10...
Connecting to ESP32 ROM, attempt 1 of 10...
Connecting to ESP32 ROM, attempt 2 of 10...
  Connected
Running flasher @ 460800...
Error: failed to run flasher: failed to talk to flasher: flasher did not respond

I then ran the same command with additional logging/verbosity options enabled, but I still can't figure out what the problem is.

mos.exe -v 4 --logtostderr flash mos-esp32

The output was too long to fit here, so I put it on pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/U06cz1MK

Comments

• rojerrojer Dublin, Ireland

try --esp-baud-rate=115200

Thanked by 1jdeg
  • jdegjdeg United States

Ran with that option as well and still face the same error. The truncated output is below (I omitted some lines in the middle that were the same as above).

mos.exe -v 4 --logtostderr --esp-baud-rate=115200 flash mos-esp32
    [omitted]
    I0715 01:55:23.213332    2712 main.go:212] Error: failed to run flasher: failed to talk to flasher: flasher did not respond
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:226: flasher did not respond
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:94: failed to talk to flasher
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:66:
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/common.go:65: failed to run flasher
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flash.go:43:
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash.go:128:
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/main.go:125:
    Error: failed to run flasher: failed to talk to flasher: flasher did not respond

ok, i see the problem. sent out a fix, will update the thread when it lands.

Thanked by 1jdeg

fix submitted, will be out with the next mos build

Thanked by 1jdeg
  • jdegjdeg United States

Thanks rojer, the new version flashed without any problem to the aforementioned board.

• I'm having almost the same problem now with Geekworm ESP32 board. See attached text file from command run $ mos -v 4 --logtostderr --esp-baud-rate=115200 flash

I0811 22:29:57.746118   30540 slip.go:90] => (1) 08
    I0811 22:29:57.746163   30540 slip.go:90] => (4) 47c2fadb
    I0811 22:29:57.770414   30540 flasher_client.go:223] <= c047c2bfbb07c000c0
    I0811 22:29:57.871142   30540 main.go:229] Error: failed to run flasher: failed to talk to flasher: flasher did not respond
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:233: flasher did not respond
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:95: failed to talk to flasher
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flasher_client.go:67: 
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/common.go:65: failed to run flasher
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash/esp/flasher/flash.go:43: 
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/flash.go:136: 
    /Users/mos/go/src/cesanta.com/mos/main.go:131: 

• Hi, did you get this working?

• Just tried again with latest mos and still not working. I think the board is not working right because the flash button doesn't put it into flash mode. Avoid this board.