Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame
ATTENTION! This forum has moved to:

https://community.mongoose-os.com

Do not post any new messages.

Failed to parse manifest

Hello all,
I am very new to dev on the ESP8266 so please be patient with me. ;)

I am using the Adafruit Huzzuh. I was able to flash the chip using the Mongoose Flashing Tool no problem. Registered the device with the cloud application and all seems to be connected correctly. But when I try to run the simple one line bit of code.

console.log('Hello from JS! Running ' + Sys.ro_vars.fw_version + ' firmware');

that is there when you first create a project I get this error.

Update error: 0 Failed to parse manifest

It appears that the build works and such, just when it tries to deploy the build it fails. Now as stated before I am a noob here so I am not sure where to go next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

Comments

• Same problem here, using Wemos D1 mini and each time I'm trying to run the code im getting:
    Update error: 0 Failed to parse manifest
    Any ideas?

• Hello,

Same issue here :(

• Same issue. I upload manually a sketch to print the URL sent to the device and the IDE sent this: https://mongoose-iot.com/bs/marciopamplona-teste1/workspaces/project/firmware/build/fw.zip!*/manifest.json

In my browser the URL is presenting 404 error. That´s the problem...

• Thanks for digging deeper into the issue! :blush:

So the problem is clearly in just API configuration - updating the manifest URL to a correct one should resolve the issue.

Can we get any response? Anyone?

• same here, this small "bug" rendered the whole platform unusable for us... what a pity. also in the chat on the platform itself nobody is answering to this problem... :neutral:

• Yes, the whole platform is unusable. Nobody is answering the chat support and support e-mails.
    Support vacations :neutral: ?

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

Hi everybody!
    Support is not on the vacations! The reason for the silence is simple: we were not sure whether we should keep the current cloud functionality or not.

After the release of the cloud IDE in June, we've collected the usage statistics, that clearly tells us that there are very few people that are using online IDE. Also, development teams do already have their preferred way of working on the code, and they are hesitant keeping their code on somebody's cloud.

Therefore we decided to change the way we build & flash the firmware. We are going to remove the online IDE from the UI, and instead, provide a command line tool, miot, that will be able to build the firmware, flash it, update device config, and talk to the cloud.

We are well aware of the problems you're reporting, but honestly do not want to invest into fixing them because of the reasons mentioned above.

We are very close to releasing the miot tool and updating the documentation. We believe this way gives greater flexibility to you.

Please let us know what you think.

• Thanks Sergey.
    I think this command line tool will be very welcome.

• Uriziel01Uriziel01 Poland
    edited September 2016

As long as this miot tool is able to somehow do OTA flash Im quite OK with the way You did it :) It will even be quite better and encourage me (or other users in that matter) to write some open cloud IDE that will be self-hosted by users :blush:

Yes, we are implementing miot update command that will push a new firmware to a subset of registered devices.
    As I said, the main motivation for us to discontinue the IDE is the fact that developers are used to their own tools - like editor, version control system, etc.

• Hi Sergey, thanks for the update! Looking forward for miot!

Work is in progress, but you can already test miot tool, build/flash the FW, register the device on the cloud. Check the quick start at https://mongoose-iot.com/docs/#/overview/

• Thanks Sergey!

• The source code is available in github ?

• It can be compiled for armv7 (the miot tool)?

The miot tool is not open sourced - we keep open the firmware sources (the link above)