Copyright © https://mongoose-os.com

Mongoose OS Forum

frame

Running as Windows Service

I am trying Mongoose web server on a Windows 2016 server.
I downloaded the binary and I can run it without a problem with a mongoose.conf file I created.
I have installed it as a Windows service via the sc command successfully but when starting the service I get the error:
error 1053: service did not respond to start or control request in timely fashion.
What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• SergeySergey Dublin, Ireland

Did you move the binary elsewhere after the sc installation?
    How about port 80 - maybe it's taken already?

• Nope haven't moved the exe and re-verified the complete path in the service properties.Port 80 is not taken. I can invoke the exe directly without a problem and see my "welcome" page.
    I can see the mongoose service i have created in the Windows Services panel and when I click on start that is when I get the 1053 error.

When started as service, mongoose.exe checks if it's a trial version. Running as service is a "pro" functionality.
    Try to re-download a fresh version of mongoose.exe and put it in place of current mongoose.exe, and see if a service starts working.

• Thanks. I can't download the pro unless I pay (which is not a problem) so I thought I could have download the free version and it would act as a pro for a trial of a week or so. But it didn't. I will try the pro later. Meanwhile I used a workaround and I added the mongoose free exe to the Windows registry so it starts automatically on start-up.

Free .exe has full capabilities during a week after download, so if a fresh download does not start a service, a pro, likely, will not as well.